Monday, January 14, 2008

Analytical

Back in November, Sean came down to Phoenix for a few days to visit and ride. While he was here, he showed me Google Analytics. I dinked around with it and got it working, generating statistics about my pretty darned boring blog. Its interesting to check it every few days and see how, among the billions of people in the world, there are only 5 or 6 per day who are so misguided or plainly lost that they end up glancing at the miscellaneous ramblings of a fat, middle aged (if I live to be 112) non-competitive mountain biker.

I thought it was pretty cool when I saw that my blog had its first international visitor - some poor bloke from Sydney Australia who probably stumbled onto the page after I made reference to the Estrella Yacht Club. The EYC is absolutely one of the silliest things I have seen in Arizona. I guess they had to name it something important sounding. After all, who would join the Estrella Dinghy Club? I might, but I wouldn't want to belong to a club that would have me as a member.

Google Analytics is a fun diversion. It reminds me of the end of one of the Muppet movies. While the credits were rolling, one of the characters asked if anyone ever reads the credits. To which Kermit replied, "Sure, they've all got families."

No comments: