Saturday, September 29, 2007

Last September ride

HIt the trail around 6 this morning and got in quite a bit of climbing. During the week, the trails in Thunderbird are pretty crowded with hikers. On Saturday, they are pretty sparse until 7. After about 90 minutes, I headed back to the apartment with a stop at Starbucks. Struck up a conversation with a roadie who graduated from University of Portland in 1962. Turns out we had a lot in common and knew a lot of the same places.
I'm now at the Phoenix Airport, waiting for a flight to Portland. No more biking until Oct 9th. We'll get in some hiking, but I'll be older, fatter and slower than I am now, after a few weeks of regular riding. I even hit South Mountain in my road bike last weekend during "Silent Sunday." Coming down the mountain was WAY more fun than going up, but I did ok for a geezer.

No comments: