Friday, September 7, 2007

It must be the humidity

Left the apartment at 5:15 this morning. It had rained a bit, temp was 84 and humidity must have been around 70%. When I reached the first hill in the park, it seemed like I had no strength. Started out sitting and finished standing. Dang! Checked the cassette, couldn't see it in the dark, figured I must have been in a middle gear. Played it up and down until I thought it was where I wanted it. Next hill, dragging my butt and sweating. Damned humidity, never thought it would hit me like this. Third hill, man, I might as well turn around and go home. I suck.

Halfway through the ride, its light enough to see that I'm in the gear I want. Chainring? Oh crap! OFS does not climb with the middle chainring. OFS considers it to be inhuman. Dammit, OFS has been in the middle chainring since he left the pavement. OFS is sure he downshifted twice at the first hill. Shifters are working ok. It must have been the humidity. The last 2 hills were ok.

No comments: