Tuesday, June 8, 2010

GPS - Cool

Yeah, it would be cool if I knew then what I know now.

I picked up a Garmin E Trex Venture HC from Amazon last week, partly for work, but mostly for play.

So, on Saturday I loaded up and headed down to the 32nd Street trailhead. It was a little over 80 and a really nice morning. Set up the GPS and stuffed it in my camelback, and off I went. Every time I hit an uphill, I was reminded that I should have eaten breakfast. Anyway, I did a nice ride of about 8 miles.

When I got back to the truck, I pulled out the GPS to see its results. Dead battery. I learned that a track is not saved in non-volatile memory until you actually save it. All the data was gone. New batteeries and a restart didn't recover anything.

Dammit.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Been there. Done that.