Saturday, October 13, 2007

At 10:00am the temperature was a delightful 72 degrees. I parked at Dreamy Draw and headed toward the west end of the T100 trail. It starts with a fairly steep and rocky climb followed by a steep and rocky descent. It’s not the best way to warm up. However, after the first ½ mile or so, the trail turns into a technically interesting ride. I followed it for about 3 miles then backtracked to the start point. I headed up dreamy Draw just to see if my lungs could make the climb without the audible gasps for air that echo off the canyon walls like an asthmatic rutting bull elk. Fortunately, the climb was good, I stopped only long enough to let two guys go screaming down without running over me. From Conversation point, I went north and caught 220 for the descent to the parking lot. 220 has a section of 20 yards or so where I chickened out and walked the bike down. Great day for a ride.

1 comment:

Michele said...

I had trouble hiking down the 220 at the spot you're talking about, so i'm glad you dis-biked. and i enjoy the idea of a asthmatic, rutting bull elk...